WORKPLACE FREEDOM AFFECTS YOU!
Click here to visit the Ohioans for Workplace Freedom website
What is the Ohio Workplace Freedom Amendment?
The Ohio Workplace Freedom Amendment guarantees Ohioans have a choice in whether or not they join a labor union and pay dues or fees at their place of work as a condition of employment.
Workplace freedom is about choice – the choice to join a union, and the choice to not join a union.
Workplace freedom guarantees that decision is left to each individual’s personal preference, and insures that no one is forced to join a union against their will or pay union dues or fees just to have a job.
Unfortunately, Ohio is currently a “forced union” state. That means – if a workplace is unionized, in order to have a job at that place of business, you can be forced to pay union dues or fees just to have a job.
What DOESN’T the Workplace Freedom Amendment do?
The Workplace Freedom Amendment
- DOES NOT end unions or forbid any union contract provisions other than forced dues or fees
- DOES NOT prevent unions from forming
- DOES NOT prevent anyone from joining a union
- DOES NOT apply to employees of the federal government (per federal law)
It takes just one minute – read the amendment for yourself HERE.
Why would we want to make Ohio a Workplace Freedom state?
1. Personal Freedom: Choice should be protected for all Ohioans. No one should be forced to join a union or pay dues or fees against their will just to have a job. Freedom has no singular owner, nor should it. In guaranteeing workers their freedom of choice, we are protecting individual freedoms for all Ohioans.
2. Economic Growth: Workplace Freedom means – more job growth, increasing wages and more opportunities for everyone! See more on economic growth of workplace freedom states HERE.